There are many regions in Russia. There are distant polar lands. There are areas that have recently entered the country. And there are regions from which the Russian Land began. The so-called Golden Ring. Vladimir region with its wonderful regional center – the city of Vladimir is an exact part of it. The region is located in the central part of the East European Plain. Its area is 29 thousand square km. From north to south it stretches for 170 km, and from west to east – for 280 km.
The Vladimir region is rich in water resources. Basically these are the rivers of the Volga basin. Besides them, there are more than 300 lakes in the region. Lakes in Vladimir region are mostly small bottomlands. However, many of them are very deep. The deepest is the Kshara, which has a depth of up to 65 meters. The largest lakes are the Svytoe, the Kshara, the Velikoe.
FISHING IN VLADIMIR REGION
Fishing in Vladimir region means angling more than 40 species of fish that are found in water bodies. However, not everywhere and not always you can fish in the area. For example, there are restrictions on the catch of some fish species throughout the year on the largest lake Svyatoe. But at the permitted time, asp, bream, pike-perch, ide can be caught.
Pike and freshwater catfish are found here, as well. The second largest lake in the region, the Velikoe, is also known to be restricted during spawning. The breeds of fish in these lakes are the same. Those who want to fish in accessible and more comfortable conditions are sent to the Glubokoe lake. Services for organizing fishing are paid. There you can catch carps and perches. Before you go fishing in Vladimir region, you need to check the time of spawning period and prohibitions on catching fish.
HUNTING IN VLADIMIR REGION
The region is located in a zone of mixed forests. The wooded area of Vladimir region is 50.7% with a predominance of coniferous species. In the modern fauna of the region there are more than 50 species of mammals, among which are such hunting resources, as elk, wild boar, roe deer, lynx, wolf, squirrel, hare, marten, fox, ferret, badger and other fur-bearing animals. The Russian desman has been included in the red book of the Russian Federation. There are 216 species of birds on the territory of the region, among them: capercaillie, black grouse, hazel grouse, gray partridge, woodcock, goose, duck and etc. The lesser white-fronted goose which is included in the Red Book of Russia flies across the region.
The hunting in Vladimir region is conducted on 101 attached hunting grounds. The Vladimir Region Society of Hunters and Fishermen is worth mentioning among the largest hunting organizations, which has 15 hunting farms with a total area of more than 330 thousand hectares are fixed.
The hunting in Vladimir region is divided into four types:
- Spring hunt for feathered game (woodcock, geese, drake drakes, common wood grouse, black grouse). Usually it runs from 16 to 25 April;
- summer-autumn hunting – from July 25 to November 15. It is divided into:
- hunting for waterfowl from August 20 to November 15;
- hunting with gundogs, retrievers and spaniels, which have all necessary documents. Passes from July 25 to November 15 for marsh-meadow game and from August 5 to November 15 for field and steppe game;
- hunting for upland fowl (hazel grouse, woodcock) – from August 20 to November 15;
- autumn and winter hunting for fur species. From September 15 to February 28/29, it is possible to hunt for a brown hare, a white hare, a raccoon dog, a mink, a squirrel, a marten, an ermine and a choir. From October 1 to February 28/29 – hunting for beaver, muskrat and weasel. And from August 15 to October 31 – for badger;
- and, finally, hunting for ungulates. Hunting for wild boar is allowed from June 1 to February 28/29. It is not forbidden to hunt all sex and age groups of this animal (except for females having young animals under the age of one, their shooting is allowed only during the period from November 1 to December 31). Hunting for elk and deer (red and spotted) takes place between October 1 and December 31 for all sex and age groups (and from 1 to 30 September for adult males during oestrum).
There are a number of conditions under which the terms of hunting for this or that animal can be changed on an individual basis. In addition, there are species of animals that can be hunted throughout the year. These are pests, the number of which requires regulation. For example, it is even planned to provide material incentives to hunters, who catch fox and raccoon dog – in the amount of 1200 rubles for each taken individual.