The administrative center of Kaliningrad region is the city of Kaliningrad. It is the westernmost region of the Russian Federation, which does not have land communication with the country and is located in Central Europe. It borders with Lithuania and Poland.
The climate of Kaliningrad region is a transitional from marine to moderately continental due to its geographical location. The largest lake is Vishtynetskoe, which has the status of a natural monument. The sea coast of the Baltic Sea near the Kaliningrad region has a length of more than 140 km. Hunting and fishing in Kaliningrad region for you.
FISHING IN KALININGRAD REGION
Kaliningrad region has long been famous for its abundance of fish and a variety of conditions for fishing. Fresh water is rich in pikeperch, trout, pike, and etc. Cod, salmon, Baltic herring, flounder and herring are caught in the Baltic sea. A popular smelt is caught in summer.
There are two kinds of amateur fishing in Kaliningrad region, which so far have no competitors among fishing tourism in Russia, and which attract a lot of anglers to the region – sea fishing for cod and salmon, as well as ice fishing in the Curonian and Kaliningrad Gulf.
In addition to the bays, throughout the year the internal reservoirs of the region are very popular among the fishermen: the rivers Skirvit, Sheshupe, Matrosovka, Pregolya, Nemonin, Deima, Rzhevka, Golovkinsky channel, Neman, the lakes Vishtynetskoe, Ozerkovskie, Pribrezhnenskie and other banks, as well as the Northern and Southern mole of the canal in Baltiysk, where Baltic herring is abundantly caught during the spawning season. Fishing on public water is still free in Kaliningrad region.
HUNTING IN KALININGRAD REGION
The animal world of the region is saturated with game mammals. There are moose, spotted deer, roe deer, wild boar. It should be noted that there is a rule in Kaliningrad region: permits for hunting in public lands are issued by lot. Such feather game as geese, ducks, woodcocks also inhabit the region. Hunting for wildfowl is allowed in hunting grounds in the permitted period.
Season of autumn hunting in Kaliningrad region:
- Waterfowl from the second Saturday of August to November 15.
- Upland game from the third Saturday of September to November 15; with gundogs from August 5 to November 30.
- Swamp-meadow game from the second Saturday of August to November 15; with gundogs from August 1 to November 15.
- Field game from the second Saturday of August to November 15; with gundogs from August 5 to November 30.
- Hunting for grouse on the territory of Kaliningrad region is prohibited.
- Badger – from September 1 to October 31.
- Brown hare – from November 15 to January 30.
- Fox, raccoon dog, beaver, otter, marten, mink, choir, ermine, weasel, muskrat – from October 1 to February 28 (29);
- Wolf – from September 15 to February 28 (29).
- Hunting for a rabbit in the territory of Kaliningrad region is prohibited.
- Boar (all sex and age groups) – from June 1 to February 28 (29).
- European roe deer – from 1 October to 31 December (all age and sex groups); from 20 May to 20 June, from 15 July to 31 July, from 1 August to 15 August (adult males).
- Elk, red deer – from 1 October to 31 December (all age and sex groups); from September 1 to September 30 (adult males).